Friday, May 21, 2010

15-april-2010 BABY

This week, in the world of Lisa...


This week my friend Simone had a baby girl J

Although I haven’t met her yet, I suspect she is enormous,

Due to the girth she made Simone’s belly grow.

I’m honestly not sure if she’ll fit in the hospital cradle.

And I’m not just saying that because she kicked me once.

Well, maybe.

So.

I’m going to have to hold a baby.

Eep.

I suppose holding Kevin bunny will have been good training,

Surely a newborn won’t wriggle and scratch as much as that?

At least, I reeeally hope not, because I always drop Kevin.

She also won’t leave me covered in sneezy fur.

Although there was a time I was referring to the little one as wolf-baby…

And if she is covered in fur, I may drop her in shock…

So lets hope she also isn’t hairy.

I'll write a disclaimer in the card:

“Before allowing me to hold the baby,

be warned that if the baby is covered in hair or wriggles as much as a bunny,

she may be dropped.”

That should do it.

Now…

What to say about a newborn?

“Adorable” doesn’t quite fit a wrinkly, gummy, crying, puffy-eyed being…

And Simone already warned us about using the word “precious”.

I think I’ll go with “tiny” and “just like you”,

Parents love to hear their offspring bear resemblance to themselves…

Although it does mean I’ll be telling them they look like wrinkly, gummy, crying, puffy-eyed beings.

“she looks just like you, and on another note,

I think you look like a pinker version of Jabba the Hutt.”

No, that’s not right.

I know, “she’s going to look just like you”

Done hehe J

In all seriousness, congratulations Simone and Clint,

I look forward to sharing many special moments with you and (a soon to be adorable) Jade!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment