Wednesday, September 8, 2010

8-SEPT-2010 TOMATOES

This week, in the world of Lisa...


This week I planted my Grandads tomatoes,

Which is the perfect newsletter subject for this week,

As they came in PUNnets!

We’d bought them a week prior - sauced from Bunnings,

So they were mighty reddy to be planted.

When I looked at the garden bed I seed where they’d go

and prepared to get a bit grubby.

Eight tomato plants was a bit mulch,

Luckily Uncle Peter had volunteered to take some,

I just hope he remembers that watering can help them grow ;)

When preparing the soil I thought Grandad did a stinky and said

“man, u’re smelly!”

But as it turns out,

It was the a-roma of the cow poo.

I dug some holes with the hose,

Then watered them in with the hoes...

I watered a little too much actually,

And the water seeped through my shoes to mah toes.

Now all that’s left to do is ketchup with him when they’re ripe for some divine sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment